Since returning to Singapore in 2018, Chef Manel Valero now returns to Kilo Kitchen in its new Duxton location as executive chef, where he brings with him a renewed perspective on Kilo’s brand of modern comfort food. Big, bold flavours can be found on nearly every plate, with dishes favouring the tastes and cooking techniques of Latin America and Asia.
With the new Kilo, Chef Valero focuses on elevated existing Kilo classics while experimenting with new flame-licked flavours imparted from the open format nature flame kitchen’s new wood-fired grill.
Chef Valero shares his delicious Korean Chicken Bulgogi recipe with us, so simple that even you can make it in the comfort of your own home!
Dry shiitakes 250g
Light soy sauce 300g
White wine vinegar 300g
Fresh ginger 25g
Liquid from soaking mushroom 600g
- Soak the shiitakes in hot water (not boiling) for 1 hour. Set mushroom water aside.
- Thinly sliced the shiitakes, discard the stalk.
- Mix all the ingredients together and bring to a gentle boil until the mushrooms are pickled. Cool at room temperature.
Fresh grated horseradish 60g
- Grate the horseradish and mix with the mayonnaise.
Fresh chicken thigh 2000g
Light soy sauce 120g
Sesame oil 90g
Minced garlic 90g
Grated ginger 90g
Ground black pepper 2g
- Dice the fresh chicken, mix it up with the rest of the ingredients and let it marinate in the chiller for 12 to 24 hours.