Now into its fourth year, the “From Forest to Fork” food and champagne pairing series, marries expertly crafted dishes with the Krug’s Grande Cuvee. This time, Krug has chosen the versatile fish as the hero. Previous editions saw culinary inventions of the humble potato, egg and mushroom.
Five restaurants in Singapore champion the single ingredient in their special menu, while drawing inspiration from the Maison’s unique approach to Champagne creation. The Krug & Fish initiative happening from now till 15 November 2018 will take diners on a delicious journey at the following places: Tippling Club, Gunther’s, Zafferano, Nami and Jiu Zhuang. Their special fish dishes are created to perfectly complement the bold flavours of Krug Grande Cuvée 166.
This year’s From Forest to Fork will feature the following restaurants and signature dishes:
- On the menu: Langoustine Ravioli with Uni and Dashi buttermilk
- Set pairing: $270++
- With a glass of Krug Grande Cuvée: $335++
- On the menu: Tails of the Sea: 5-Course Degustation Menu
- Set-pairing featuring kinki fish: $195++ per person
- A 375ml bottle of Krug Grande Cuvée: additional $150++ per person
- A 75cl bottle of Krug Grande Cuvée: additional $250++ per person
- On the menu: Grande antipasto di pesce
- Set pairing for two with a 375ml bottle of Krug Grande Cuvée: $400++ per couple
- On the menu: Pan-fried Tuna Head with Kuwayaki Sauce
- Set pairing for two of 700g of Nagasaki tuna and homemade sweet soy sauce with a 375ml of Krug Grande Cuvée: $388++
- On the menu: Cod with seafood sauce
- Set pairing for two of deep-fried cod with seafood sauce $28++; complimentary when purchased with a 375ml bottle of Krug Grande Cuvée at $350++