CHIEF OPERATIONS OFFICER (COO)
Monthly Salary: 6500-7500
SALT is multi-platform gourmet media brand that consists of a quarterly monthly print publication and an online portal. SALT is dedicated to covering news on food and drinks in Singapore and the region. We bring together a discerning community industry professionals and food lovers that appreciate the provenance, the artistry and the conviviality of dining. We will offer perspectives from industry insiders, and more in-depth experiential
Our holding company, TONGHUAI @ MEDIA PTE. LTD. are looking to hire a visionary Chief Operations Officer to oversee our company’s operational processes, and to ensure superb customer experience. The COO will optimize our company’s operating capabilities, employ strategies to maximize customer satisfaction and manage marketing initiatives. The COO will assist in compiling the company’s budget and employ strategies to safeguard assets and stock. You will compile financial reports, and control financial policies and procedures. You will team up with management to implement business strategies.
• Working together with key participants to compile the budget.
• Lead our business development team to expend our business into The Great China market.
• Establish and manage business product teams, develop product development and business growth plans.
• Stay up to date with the latest SEO/SEM and digital marketing latest trends and best practices. Utilize the available digital communication platforms to acquire new audiences in The Great China Market and retain existing followers/subscribers in Local Market.
• Directs, manages and oversee any budgets related to design, management and placement of ads.
• Spearheading strategies to steer the company’s future in a positive direction.
• Driving the company’s operating capabilities to surpass customer satisfaction and retention, and company goals.
• Controlling company costs and introducing tactical initiatives to address theft and other losses.
• Monitoring invoices, money handling procedures, accounting and bank processes. Preparing timely and accurate financial performance reports.
• Overseeing marketing initiatives and implementing better business practices.
• Assessing and implementing improved processes and new technologies and collaborating with management regarding the implementation of these improvements.
• Proven experience as Chief Operating Office or relevant role in Multinational Corporation.
• Minimum of 10 years of experience in internet technology industrial.
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Management or related filed focused on computer technology, business management.
• In-depth knowledge of Mainland and Greater China markets
• Working experience in Hong Kong, Taiwan or Mainland China will be a plus.
• Ability to make business projections three years into the future.
• Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities.
• Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills.
• Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving.
• Bilingual in English and Mandarin for handling Mandarin speaking clients and partners.
Send your CV and cover letter to [email protected].
SALT is seeking a full-time writer to join our editorial team based in Singapore. Our ideal candidate is someone with a flair for experiential writing, a nose for newsworthy stories, and a voracious appetite for food. You should be adept at turning insider interviews and dining experiences into clear, catchy and insightful copy.
This role is a great opportunity to build a portfolio of by-lined articles and work with a small and highly-collaborative team.
Prior knowledge of the F&B industry would be helpful. Fresh graduates or individuals with at least one year of experience in journalism are welcome to apply.
- Write both long form and short form features and stories for our quarterly print magazine and digital platforms
- Assist in the production of custom publications and sponsored content
- Assist in the curation of content for social media
- Conduct interviews with industry insiders and represent the magazine at events and tastings
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in journalism/mass communications or similar
- Excellent command of the English language (please know the difference between en dashes, em dashes and hyphens)
- An aptitude for translating dining experiences – be it a fast-casual joint or fine dining restaurant – into clear, insightful copy
- A genuine interest in the F&B industry, from interviewing chefs to researching ingredient sources
- Strong respect for deadlines
- Ability to prioritise work and multi-task, especially during peak festive seasons and editorial crunch periods
- Organised and thorough, with good attention to detail
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Willingness to travel on an ad hoc basis
Send your CV, cover letter and portfolio (with at least 3 writing samples) to [email protected].
SALT is a multi-platform gourmet media brand with a quarterly print publication and an online portal. We are dedicated to covering news on food and drinks in Singapore and the Southeast Asian region. Ultimately, we hope to create a discerning community of industry professionals and food lovers who appreciate the provenance, artistry and convivality of dining.