CHIEF OPERATIONS OFFICER (COO)
SALT is a multi-platform gourmet media brand that consists of a quarterly monthly print publication and an online portal. SALT is dedicated to covering news on food and drinks in Singapore and the region. We bring together a discerning community of industry professionals and food lovers that appreciate the provenance, artistry and conviviality of dining.
Our holding company, TONGHUAI @ MEDIA PTE LTD, is looking to hire a visionary Chief Operations Officer to oversee our company’s operational processes, and to ensure superb customer experience. The COO will optimise our company’s operating capabilities, employ strategies to maximise customer satisfaction and manage marketing initiatives. S/He will assist in compiling the company’s budget and employ strategies to safeguard assets and stock. S/He will also compile financial reports and control financial policies and procedures, while teaming up with management to implement business strategies.
• Work together with key participants to compile the budget.
• Lead our business development team to expand our business into the Great China market.
• Establish and manage business product teams, product development and business growth plans.
• Stay up-to-date on the latest SEO/SEM and digital marketing latest trends and best practices. Utilise the digital communication platforms available to acquire new audiences in the Great China market and retain existing followers/subscribers in the local market.
• Direct, manage and oversee any budgets related to design, management and placement of ads.
• Spearhead strategies to steer the company’s future in a positive direction.
• Drive the company’s operating capabilities to surpass customer satisfaction and retention, and company goals.
• Control company costs and introduce tactical initiatives to address theft and other losses.
• Monitor invoices, money handling procedures, accounting and bank processes. Prepare timely and accurate financial performance reports.
• Oversee marketing initiatives and implement better business practices.
• Assess and implement improved processes and new technologies, and collaborate with management regarding the implementation of these improvements.
• Proven experience as Chief Operating Officer or relevant role in a multinational corporation
• Minimum 10 years of experience in Internet technology industry
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Management or related field focused on computer technology and business management
• In-depth knowledge of Mainland and Greater China markets
• Working experience in Hong Kong, Taiwan or Mainland China will be a plus
• Ability to make business projections three years into the future
• Outstanding organisational and leadership abilities
• Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills
• Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
• Bilingual in English and Mandarin for handling Mandarin-speaking clients and partners
Please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected]. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.